Saturday, January 29, 2011

January Recap- Feb goals

January was a great month for me.  I profited a lot from both HUsngs and cash games and a little sports betting haha thanks primo!  I earned 193k vpps so far this year, and have been playing a lot of high stakes.  I feel that as my bankroll has grown, I have become more comfortable with the high stakes games and do not stress when i lose a couple.  5ks still sting a lot, but 2ks and 1ks are limits I can handle.

This post has a very different tone from some posts I made in December.  How quickly things can change in this game.  In December I wanted to grind only 230-570s.  One day in Prague I decided to sit a 1k, and I'm really glad I did because I have had some huge months since then.  I am still being cautious because I know how deadly downswings can  be, but I am definitely taking more risks by open sitting high stakes.

I'm also a lot happier with my life outside of poker.  I have started working out daily and eating a lot healthier, and can see results already.  It was a little disappointing to get big in college because I was so skinny by the end of high school and through my first two years of college.  I feel like I am getting back to my glory days now, and I have the right mindset.

I have some really busy and fun things planned for the upcoming months.  I'm going to go visit Primo and my cousin in Austin with Jayluf and we are going to try to go to the Superbowl next weekend. BLACK AND YELLOW.

Also, I'm planning to go to Copenhagen at the end of Feb for an EPT and stay with DiBasio most likely.  In march I plan to go to Mardi Gras with some college friends and some poker guys also.  After that I'm going to Panama City with some other friends, up to DC on March 12th for my sisters birthday, and then finally St. Patricks day in Boston with other college friends.  I'm really excited for all these, so lets see how much poker I can get in and If i can make it to everything

Poker goals for Feb are 100k vpps and 40k profit before rakeback.  I also have started dabbling in the superturbos on FTP and they seem really soft so I might be playing more of those while waiting for games on stars.

Shout out to PompYouUp who took down the Borgata 350 for 25k and the 1k HU at PCA for 23kish! congrats bro..

Thanks for reading, GL

3 comments:

  1. im curious how much the competition changes from the to the 5600 and all the way inbetween? Do you have a rough estimate what percentage of your opponents are winning players? And i'm kind of curious if you change at all the way you play the preflop when the blinds are small? For instance, do you fold a slightly higher percent in the bigger game? Just some random thoughts as I start to play some poker again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice job dude, working out can be great for production. Makes sessions easier when you have a higher energy level.

    ReplyDelete